OBMSGATEWAY

OBMSGATEWAY
Making Things Easy for Nigerian Diasporans back Home

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

ATIKU: THE LAST TIME I VISITED THE US WAS 2007

The last I visited the US was after I left office. And when I went to see my family there, and from that visit my family relocated from the US. 
I was to visit the US last year, because I had the visa to go. I was on my way, and then they said I had a wrong visa because I was given a diplomatic visa instead of a normal visa.
And that I should come and exchange the diplomatic visa with a normal visa. Unfortunately, the time was very much against me, because the way I planned it, because I was to go to the US just over night and then after attending the function there make a u-turn to Spain because I had another programme in Spain. 
So I decided to forgo the US event, and flew straight to Spain. If somebody says I cannot go to US, everything about the US is public. There is a site you can access and see those that are banned from visiting the US are. My name is not there. You can access the site and see whether my name is there. 
Of course I was going to visit my family before, but they are no longer located there. They relocated first of all to the UAE where she took up a professorship at the American University there, then later UK and then later here. She just passed her bar exams. In fact, they live here.

No comments:

Post a Comment