OBMSGATEWAY

OBMSGATEWAY
Making Things Easy for Nigerian Diasporans back Home

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

ATIKU: IT WAS MY WIFE'S HOUSE THAT WAS SEARCHED NOT MINE



It was not my house that was searched. It was my wife’s house. So diplomatically, you cannot say it was covered under diplomatic immunity. 
So the fact that I was staying with my wife who is also an American does not exempt our house being searched if there were grounds for that. 
And I believe they went to the courts to obtain the necessary documents. I don’t think they would have breached any diplomatic protocol to have searched the house. 
I am not angry. What for? What did they discover anyway? Nothing. They thought they were going to find huge sums of money Jefferson collected from the lady. They didn’t find the money there.
Eventually they found the money in his own house, in his own fridge. In fact, I think there is too much politics in it. Jefferson faced several charges. 
Of all the charges, the only one he was discharged and acquitted was bribing a foreign national. That was relating to me. That was the only charge he was discharged and acquitted. All the other charges he was convicted. 
I see it more as political blackmail rather than actually based on facts.

No comments:

Post a Comment