OBMSGATEWAY

OBMSGATEWAY
Making Things Easy for Nigerian Diasporans back Home

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

ATIKU: I WILL NOT VICTIMIZE MY PAST ACCUSERS IF ELECTED PRESIDENT

I think people are not being fair to us, particularly when I was in office when they started labeling me as corrupt. Why is it that in the first four years nobody labelled me as corrupt? 
It was only when I started having disagreement with my boss that the issue of corruption came. And when the issue of corruption came, of all the investigative panels when was it that I was indicted by the panels? 
So, it has a political undertone. It is always easy to malign people. There was nothing that we have not explained to the best of our ability in this country, whether in the print media or electronic media. 
People have hung on to it because they believe they can use it to my disadvantage. Particularly, there are people who believe that maybe if I get there I won’t forgive them for using all these things against me. 
You can’t sit down to start dealing with personal issues when you have grave national issues to deal with if you find yourself in government. 
Of course, there may be small minds, but I don’t have such kind of mind to take on people personally or individually because of the fact that I was accused at one time or the other.

No comments:

Post a Comment