OBMSGATEWAY

OBMSGATEWAY
Making Things Easy for Nigerian Diasporans back Home

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

ATIKU: I CAME INTO GOVERNMENT WEALTHY

Let me tell you the power of the VP. When we came in, we said the power of the minister to give contracts was N50 million, that is also applicable to VP; even if you are giving contracts in your own office… because that is the only place you can give contracts. 
And most ministers if there is half a billion contract, they break it into N50 million in many places and make sure it does not come to council. As a vice-president you only do so within your own small office. The issue of me giving contracts is not there. 
The second part of my tenure as vice-president I was using my own money to run my office because the president removed all the money from my office, even money to buy paper. Until I finished and left I was using my own money to run my office. 
As VP you don’t have that capital vote like ministers. So, there is no point of giving contracts to myself. 
The point is I came into government wealthy, and people say how did I get my money, but they forgot when I was paying for everything, paying for the secretariat, the printing of membership cards because we were just forming the party, and nobody was bringing money on the table. I was using my own money.

No comments:

Post a Comment