OBMSGATEWAY

OBMSGATEWAY
Making Things Easy for Nigerian Diasporans back Home

Thursday, December 11, 2014

SAM OHUABUNWA: TIME TO DECLARE A NATIONAL STATE OF EMERGENCY OVER BOKO HARAM

I do not want to sound alarmist, but I plead with our leaders – political, traditional, military and spiritual – to take this Boko Haram onslaught more seriously than we seem to be taking it. 
My sense of warfare tells me that whoever is leading or funding this war is determined. He seems to have a mission and looks to me to be in this for the long haul. Just as we are about to halt their bombing, they begin to advance and take territories, and we begin to halt their advance and recover territories, they escalate bombing. 
How were they able to drive into the centre of Damaturu, capital of Yobe State, reaching the Government House before they were repelled? If they could achieve that, I would not underrate their ability to hit another state capital the same way. 
So let us come out of our apparent complacency, especially those of us who think we leave far from the warfront. Maybe we should declare a state of emergency over the whole country so that we all can behave like a people at war. 
In my mind, it is better to be over-prepared than to be underprepared. This shedding of blood of ordinary Nigerians must be stopped. By all means!

No comments:

Post a Comment