OBMSGATEWAY

OBMSGATEWAY
Making Things Easy for Nigerian Diasporans back Home

Saturday, December 6, 2014

SAGIR MOHAMMED: FRUSTRATION BEHIND ACCUSATIONS OF FG OVER BOKO HARAM

I have never for a minute, given that kind of ugly specula­tion a thought. This is because I don’t be­lieve that a government can get so low to the point of sponsoring terrorism against its own citizens. I don’t think so. 
I don’t think that those who are speculating this ill statement have got any iota of evidence to support their claim. I don’t think so. If you tell me that we are not fighting Boko Haram crisis the way we should be fighting it, well that could be possible.
The only problem I see like the Chief of Army Staff had said, like the President has admitted that he requires a certain amount of money to buy advanced weapon­ry to fight Boko Haram, yes I would agree on this. The weapons are inadequate. 
And that reminds me, I keep wondering from where these insurgents are getting their sophisticated weapons. But to say that the Federal Government is aiding and abetting insurgency, No, No, No, I don’t believe that rubbish.
If the people are frus­trated. Frustration can lead to anger and the by-product of anger could be you say whatever you want to say without any justi­fication. That is why you don’t allow frus­tration to permeate. You shouldn’t allow it. 
Unfortunately, right now, there is a huge sense of frustration in the land. This is because everywhere you see or go, there are refugees. 
We have a good Army, we have a good police, but the question that comes up here is, why is it that we cannot success­fully fight this insurgency? We have to have a rethink.

No comments:

Post a Comment