OBMSGATEWAY

OBMSGATEWAY
Making Things Easy for Nigerian Diasporans back Home

Tuesday, December 23, 2014

PETER OBI: THERE IS ENOUGH MONEY TO TAKE CARE OF EVERY NIGERIAN

There is enough money to govern every state, local government and the country in a way that there will be improvement. 
All that is required is to cut down on the cost of governance.
Your work as civil society is to question the waste in the society. If you change Nigeria, you change Africa.
We didn’t print money; all that we did in Anambra State was to cut down on the cost of governance.
My administration did not maintain a government lodge in Abuja as is customary among Nigerian states but I stayed in hotels anytime I visited Abuja.
I refused to build a Presidential Lodge, which would have cost Anambra about half a billion. 
To solve the problem of where to accommodate the then President Olusegun Obasanjo during a visit to the state, I vacated the governor’s lodge for the august visitor, checked into a hotel with my wife for the period of the visit, spending just over N100, 000.
I never travelled with more than four persons and never travelled outside this country with an uninvited person.

No comments:

Post a Comment