OBMSGATEWAY

OBMSGATEWAY
Making Things Easy for Nigerian Diasporans back Home

Friday, December 26, 2014

JONATHAN: TALK OF FORMING PARALLEL GOVERNMENT IRRESPONSIBLE

If politicians want to take over power at any level of government, they need not sow seed of discord because it will consume them.
I believe that people who mean well for this country will never be happy with provocative utterances by some politicians.
Nigeria is nobody’s personal estate; Nigeria is nobody’s business enterprise; Nigeria is not the property of anybody’s father. It belongs to all of us.
I get embarrassed when politicians, maybe including me, make statements that create division among Nigerians or can set this country ablaze.
I don’t think such statement is what a leader should make. I don’t think that is the kind of seed a leader should sow.
Those who take government by violence; those who kill to take over power never end well, especially in Africa.
As a nation, we know that anybody who has the privilege of serving as a state governor becomes a senior citizen. It is his duty to assist the incumbent government.
The idea behind the Council of State is that its permanent members have vast experience in a number of issues that they can bring to bear on governance.
But if we abuse ourselves, kill ourselves to be in office, then who will finish serving and still want to attend the council’s meetings?
For a politician to stand up and say he will form a parallel government if he fails to win an election is wrong. What makes him feel he will win the election?
Even me, as a serving President, what makes me feel I must win the election? No matter what I think I am, Nigerians will decide who will govern them at the state level and federal level.

No comments:

Post a Comment