OBMSGATEWAY

OBMSGATEWAY
Making Things Easy for Nigerian Diasporans back Home

Tuesday, December 2, 2014

KASHIM SHETTIMA: I DON'T WANT TO RULE OVER BODY BAGS IN BORNO

They do hold elections in Iraq, Afghanistan but there is life beyond power. If only my life can restore peace in Borno, l am ready to give up my life for peace to return. 
None of the vagaries of power or holding on tenaciously is an attraction to me. So, it doesn’t really matter. 
If we can restore peace, let there be election and peace is not an elusive commodity if there is a will.
People are in a state of shocks, they have been terribly destabilized and uprooted from their homes. They have become refugees in their own country.
We are in a sorry state and honestly,  I will beg to down-play discussions on politics. It is a routine process and I am an eternal optimist. 
We believe at the fullness of time, peace will return to our state so we don’t want to truncate the process by saying no to the elections.
We are in a state of mourning right now. Honesty l want to reserve my comments. The screening is a routine process that l have to adhere to otherwise l really want to down-play political activities for now because you can never rule over body bags, you will have to rule over living human beings.

No comments:

Post a Comment